It’s already end of April!
END MONTH guys! What is time?
I have been so caught up with life that I feel like it has passed me by. Does that even make sense?
If you read my last post, you know that I have not been having the best of months. It feels like I have been doing everything else but living! Like really living. It has been zombie mode and then some and it makes sense why I was in a funk.
They say your 20’s up to your early 30’s are the hardest and it all sounds like stuff that happens to other people until it happens to you! Bruh! This point in life is no joke!
I can’t describe the number of times I have fretted about being unfulfilled, feeling like I need to be doing MORE, to be MORE!
It has been a hectic few months but things are starting to look up.
To be honest, it is not that any of things that were bothering me have changed but more like I have decided to feed on positivity to help myself out of this dark hole.
My last post had many of you texting and inboxing me (guys , I still wonder why you haven’t subscribed though, is it the process? please let me know so we can make this experience better) saying that you relate and because I know we are in this together, here are a few tips that are helping me see the light at the end of this dark tunnel!
- Be Intentional. I have recently become intentional with my actions and especially on the things that I felt made me , me , but that I was losing track of. I make intentional efforts to pray, to read, to write and to indulge in the things that make me happy like traveling, Vlogging ( Check out our channel ) and fitness. It is so easy to say that I have already lost track and there’s no need to try anymore and stay in the same space (which was me the past few months) but being intentional with your actions helps you to slowly get up. I am here and writing, that has to count for something, right?
- Training my Brain. Being a planner, not having a plan or things going according to a plan drives me insane. But what is a plan? I am learning to train my brain, that while having a plan or some form of framework is great for guidance, it is okay if things fall out of this plan. It is okay if things take a different tangent, what is important is that I am able to adjust and make things work for me.
- Taking small steps. See , just like you, I have big visions, major dreams, big ass , daunting dreams that keep me up all night (literally). and the thing with these goals, is that I can only think of the end and beat myself up for not already being there. I am learning to try and take the steps rather than the leaps. I am learning that to get to C , I need A and B, and while they may look like minor details, I will not get to C until they are done. I am learning to accept that any small step is still a step and I need to be okay with not being at the finishing point today.
- Talking it out. The struggles of the times are not unique to myself and the more I speak to people about my challenges, the more I take comfort in knowing that I am not alone. Being alone is scary but there is comfort in numbers. Not that we get stuck together, but that we pull each other up together. Sometimes the other parties see the puzzle piece that you are looking for and can’t seem to find straight off the bat, so grab your besties and indulge in some soul sharing, it’s the beginning of less struggles.
- Celebrating small victories. I am probably the 100th person to tell you this, but booooy is it true. Celebrating your small wins goes a long way into motivating yourself to push forward in order to see the greater victories that are yet to come, so please! Pat yourself on the back, you have done a damn good job thus far and just keep on keeping on.
It is time to get out of the funk and start living!
Remember, no journey is the same and so it does you no good to compare yourself , if anything, what you should be doing is taking pointers.
I am no where close to where I want to be, but at least I am not where I was yesterday!
Stay faithful to the grind, the reward is not too far away!
Have a blessed weekend ahead. Yes , I know it’s Thursday, but hey, THRIDAY!
Love and Love,